Lull Mattress review
The Lull Mattress is an all-foam mattress designed for optimal comfort and support. Designed with 3 different types of foam, Lull claims that it provides “great rest for all” regardless of your sleep position. With a queen mattress priced at $800 (after $150 discount is applied) this could make it an excellent budget option for back, stomach and side sleepers alike. So, does it live up to its claim? Let’s take a look! Read on for our full review.
Based out of Santa Barbara, CA, Lull is made from a 3-layer foam construction that is 10″ tall.
- The Lull mattress cover is very soft to the touch and helps maintain a cooler sleeping temperature throughout the night.
- The top layer is 1.5″ of gel-infused memory foam. This provides pressure relief and temperature-balancing benefits for a cooler, more comfortable nights sleep.
- 1.5″ foam blend transition layer: While the top layer is designed for pressure relief, this layer of foam is designed to support the natural alignment of the spine, ensuring a better sleep.
- The bottom layer is constructed of 7″ of polyurethane foam and provides added durability and support. It also prevents your mattress from sagging over time.
Lull is made from all CertiPUR-US certified foams, you can rest easy knowing your mattress is free from cancer-causing chemicals. In addition, Lull is a member of the Sustainable Furnishing Council and the Mattress Recycling Council.
Firmness and Feel
The Lull Mattress has a medium to medium firm (6.5-7) feel making it a suitable choice for all sleep positions.
I’m a combo sleeper and often struggle to find a good balance between the firmness I need to support my midsection when lying on my stomach and the pressure relief I need through the hips and shoulders when sleeping on my side. While I did feel that Lull did a great job relieving pressure I could feel the firmer layers underneath. If you are particularly sensitive through your hips and shoulders or know that you prefer a softer mattress for side sleeping, then this may not be the best choice for you. That being said, I felt it performed particularly well for stomach and back sleeping.
Overall Lull offers the perfect balance between feeling like you were sleeping “in” the mattress versus sleeping “on” the mattress. The soft top layer allowed an initial feeling of sinking into a cloud but was quickly met by the supportive “push-back” feel of the bottom 2 foam layers. This eliminates that “stuck in the mud” feel typical of some memory foam mattresses and gives it a great overall feeling of comfort and support.
If you struggle with sleeping hot then Lull might be the mattress for you! We felt Lull performed very well in regards to temperature-balancing. My husband and I often have to set the A/C to arctic weather conditions and have the fan running to stay cool at night but we have found that with Lull we have not needed to use the fan when sleeping.
While most memory foam mattresses tend to sleep hot, Lull uses a 1.5″ gel-infused memory foam that dramatically enhances air flow and pulls heat away from the body. The mattress cover is a blend of polyester and rayon but has a cool to the touch feel, making this a great option if sleeping cool is at the top of your list.
Most all foam mattresses perform well in regards to motion transfer and Lull was no exception. There was little to no motion transfer making it a great option for couples. Pet owners will also benefit if you have a furry friend who likes to share your bed!
Where foam mattresses fall flat (quite literally) sometimes is in regards to edge support. However, we felt that Lull performed better than expected. This is especially important for couples as the better the edge support the larger the bed will seem. The better the edge support the more you can move towards the outer limits of the mattress without feeling like you will take a tumble.
Lull offers a 100 night sleep trial which is pretty standard in the bed-in-a-box industry. If, for any reason, you decide that Lull isn’t right for you, Lull will arrange for a free pick up from your home and refund you 100% of your money.
Lull includes a limited 10-year warranty for the original purchaser, this warranty is not transferable. To find out more about what is and is not included in their 10-year limited warranty, click here.
Shipping is FREE and you can expect to receive your new mattress within 1-4 business days from purchase.
See below for a pricing breakdown of Lull. For a limited time save $150 when you purchase using the coupon below.
Lull offers a sleep now, pay later option through Affirm financing. With as low as 0% APR (based upon approval) and monthly repayment plans of 6-24 months they make getting into the bed of your dreams a breeze.
Is Lull right for you?
We recommend the Lull mattress if:
- You prefer a medium-medium firm mattress: Lull has a firmness rating between 6.5-7 making it a great option if support is your priority.
- You are a back, stomach or combination sleeper: Lull strikes a balance between support and pressure relief making it a good choice for various sleep positions.
- You sleep hot and want a cooling mattress: Lull combines a soft, breathable cover with a top layer of gel-infused foam that works to pull heat away from the body keeping you cool at night. While many mattress companies claim to have excellent cooling benefits Lull truly does!
Lull might not be the right fit if:
- You prefer a soft-medium soft mattress: If you prefer your mattress to cocoon around you, this might not be the best choice for you. Although Lull does have a soft, cloud-like top layer you will almost immediately feel some push-back from the support layers beneath.
- You are a heavier side sleeper: Back and stomach sleepers of most sizes, as well as light/medium side sleepers should find Lull a great option. However, we did feel that heavier side sleepers might not get the pressure relief they need through the hips and shoulders.
- You prefer the feel of an innerspring mattress