Air-Pedic 800/850 Mattress Review
- All Sleep Positions
- Couples, especially those with different firmness preferences
- Hot sleepers
- Those looking for a luxury mattress
Type – Air Adjustable
Firmness – Variable
Sleep Trial – 120 Night
Warranty – 30 year
Shipping – White Glove for $199
Up To $1400 OFF select mattresses
The Air-Pedic 800 and the Air-Pedic 850 are two of the many mattresses made by SelectaBed, who makes not only air adjustable beds, but also memory foam, latex and hybrid mattresses. All of these mattresses are developed by a Chiropractor that specializes in back pain. Dr. Rick Swartzburg has almost 20 years of experience in pain relief and product development for Relief-Mart and Select A Bed. Each mattress is assembled from top to bottom in their Agoura Hills, California factory using all Made In The U.S.A. foam and covering materials. Because they make every mattress, they have the ability to custom design the perfect mattress for you.
Air-Pedic's Dual Adjustability
We have been sleeping on the Air-Pedic 800 mattress for the last few weeks and it has truly been some of the best sleep we have ever had. We love the fully adjustable air chambers on each side and the supportive foam on top. Air-Pedic has it all, adjustability, temperature balancing benefits, built with natural and certified safe materials that are made in the USA and a great warranty. Let’s take a deeper look at what makes this mattress so great!
Air-Pedic Review on YouTube
Air-Pedic's Adjustable Air Construction
When you think of an air adjustable mattress you might think of Sleep Number. What sets Air-Pedic apart is the 4 additional air chambers. You might ask, why is this important? If you only have one air chamber on each side you could get a feeling as if you are in a hammock. Your middle lumbar region could start to sag pulling your spine out of alignment. With the Air-Pedic you are able to separately adjust the lumbar region to allow you the best spinal alignment and support. If you are not sure your spine is properly straight or not, they have an app called Mattress Checker that will help you with that.
Air-Pedic 800 Layers
- Kool-Flow® Micro-Vented Bamboo Viscous Covering: The cover has a wonderful soft feel and is breathable to allow the cooling layers underneath to work together. It is also stretchy so that you can to feel the hugging foam and allow you to sink in more to the mattress providing pressure relief.
- 1 inch Hypergel Plush Top Cooling Layer: This springy-soft layer provides a cooling affect and will help with pressure relief. You won’t get hot with this mattress which is a common problem with other types of foam. This top layer has a quick response and works with the layer below to create a nice balanced foam feel.
- 1.5 inches Gel-Infused Cooling Foam: Working with the layer above it provides additional cooling and pressure relief. This layer is more slow response and will allow you to sink in without feeling stuck in the mud.
- 1.5 inches HD Flex Comfort Layer: For additional comfort and pressure relief, this layer is a soft flexible quick response foam to allow your curves to be supported by the air chambers below.
- 2 inches Resili-Flex Support Layer : This support layer acts as a transition between the foam layers and the air chambers.
- 6 Chamber, Multi-Zone Air System : With three different zones on each side of the bed you are able to control the lumbar area separate from the head and feet. This has been perfect for making sure your spine is aligned properly. The chambers are made with longer lasting 100% Medical Grade, Ultra Flexible Urethane Chambers that are inherently mold and mildew resistant and are controlled by a remote for each side of the bed.
Air-Pedic 850 Layers
The Air-Pedic 850 has the same construction as the Air-Pedic 800, with one main difference. Instead of the 1.5″ HD Flex Comfort Layer, the 850 replaces that layer with a 1.5″ Poly-Flex Comfort Layer. This layer of the Air-Pedic 850 offers a more buoyant support over the luxurious plush feel of the Air-Pedic 800.
Optional Patented Airflow Transfer System
In addition to the standard built-in cooling layers they offer an optional patented airflow transfer system. This means that they aerate the top layers of foam and create channels on the bottom to create airflow throughout the whole mattress. We got this on the mattress we are testing and the mattress doesn’t feel hot at night. We often sleep with the fan on even in winter and lately there hasn’t been a need to turn it on.
Certified Safe and Hypoallergenic
As a company that prides itself on producing hypoallergenic, non-toxic and environmentally friendly products, you can feel reassured by the fact that their products come with certified components by three different companies. The two popular certifications are Greenguard and CertiPUR-US. In addition to these two, they have The Green Bear Mark of Excellence. You can rest assured that when this mattress comes into your home there will be no toxic chemicals spilling into the air that you breathe.
Pressure Relieving Adjustable Feel
This mattress is fully adjustable and will be will be well suited for any type of sleeper. In fact, the adjustability allows for different firmness settings on either side of the bed. So for example, if you want a firm mattress and your partner prefers extra soft, you can both have your dream mattress without compromising. The only con to having adjustability is it might take a few nights to find the right setting for you. Nevertheless, once you find that setting you will sleep comfortably all night. The other great benefit of having the extra lumbar adjustability is if you are pregnant or your body changes and you need extra support you can add that support with a push of a button rather than surrounding yourself with tons of pillows.
Is The Air-Pedic Mattress Good For Couples?
How Is The Air-Pedic's Edge Support?
Air-Pedic Mattress Purchase Details
Risk- Free Sleep Trial
It does take some time to get used to a new mattress and testing out a mattress for 5-10 minutes in the store isn’t a good indication of how well you’ll sleep on your new mattress night after night. SelectaBed offers a 120 day sleep warranty so you can rest assured your new purchase is the perfect match for you. They do recommend that you give it at least 21 nights before you make your decision. Even though the mattress is adjustable, you still might prefer a different feel in the top foam layers of the mattress. The great thing about Air-Pedic is they have many different types of foam and can send you a replacement for the top portion of the mattress. This will give you a completely different feel without having to return the whole mattress.
All of Selectabed Mattresses come with warranty of 30 years and the first 3 years are non-prorated. After looking at several different sites with customer reviews on Air-Pedic, it was hard to find any complaints on the mattress or company.
Shipping costs between $99-$199 depending on the delivery you choose.The $99 shipping will only get the mattress delivered to your front door, however for $100 more you can get white glove delivery. With the size of the mattress, it is definitely worth the upgrade, especially if you need it moved to another level.
How Much Does the Air-Pedic Mattress Cost?
In comparison to mattresses in general the price point is a little higher but when you think of what all you get it is certainly worth the investment. A queen Air-Pedic 800 starts at $3,099. For a limited time save up to $700 with our exclusive offer!
Alternatively, a queen Air-Pedic 850 starts at $4,998. For a limited time only get 50% off your purchase of the Air-Pedic 850
See the coupon in sidebar for the most up to date discount or visit our mattress coupons and deals page.
Air-Pedic 800 Prices
Air-Pedic 850 Prices
38 X 80
60 X 80
76 X 80
72 X 84