Snuggle-Pedic Pillow Review
The Snuggle-Pedic pillow is one of the best rated on amazon so we had to see if it lived up to its ratings. Just like the Snuggle-Pedic mattress, the pillow is made in the USA with CertiPUR-US shredded foam. The cool thing about shredded foam pillows is you can adjust the support by adding or taking away the shredded foam inside. This makes it a great pillow for all types of sleepers. Also, unlike down it doesn’t go flat in the middle of the night. It’s also hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant! But is it right for you? Let’s find out in our Snugglepedic pillow review.
In This Article
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Breathable and temperature neutral
- Adjustable fill for your perfect fit
- Pressure-relieving, great for head and neck pain
- If you aren’t a fan of memory foam this may not be for you
- Some off-gassing was present during the unboxing
- The shredded foam does have a medium firmness feel- though Snuggle-Pedic offers free modifications if you require a softer or firmer shredded foam
Save 30% on bundles
YouTube Review of the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow
What To Look For In Your Pillow
As someone who struggles from chronic neck and upper back pain I can tell you without a doubt, finding the right pillow is just as important as finding the right mattress. But, just like choosing the perfect mattress, finding the right pillow can seem daunting.
Your sleep position plays a big role in your pillow choice. Side sleepers generally require a pillow with a medium to high loft, this allows the head to stay supported and lifted from the shoulders so you don’t wake up with neck pain or numb shoulders.
Back sleepers will generally find the most comfort in a medium loft pillow or a contouring pillow which lifts the neck a bit more than the back of the head, keeping the spine in a neutral alignment.
Lastly, stomach sleepers generally require little to no loft.
Snuggle-Pedic’s adjustable pillow design makes it a great choice for all sleep positions. The pillow is delivered compressed but quickly springs to life once unboxed. It also comes with a bag of extra shredded foam which you can use to adjust the fill of your pillow. This allows you to create the loft that is most comfortable to you.
Is the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow Good For Hot Sleepers?
No one wants to wake up in the middle of the night hot and sweaty. Finding a pillow with cooling benefits can eliminate the need to wake up to flip your pillow to the cool side. Snuggle-Pedic takes several measures to keep you cool and it shows! We felt the pillow did an excellent job of staying temperature neutral and allowing us to sleep uninterrupted through the night. If you’re a hot sleeper you may also want to check out our picks for the best cooling mattresses.
Adjustable Pillow Construction
- Kool-Flow® Micro-Vented Bamboo Cover: The cover is the same Kool-Flow material as the mattress and is made of an eco-friendly viscose bamboo, polyester and lycra. Along with being eco-friendly, bamboo is also antibacterial and wicks away moisture. The micro vents throughout the material add to the breathability and allow the air to flow from the layers underneath. The cover has a very soft stretchy feel and is cool to the touch.
- Shredded foam mix: CertifPUR-US and Greenguard certified, the mix is specially formulated to provide support and buoyancy yet still have a soft feel. You can add or remove the foam inside to create the perfect height for your pillow.
Feel Of The Snuggle-Pedic Pillow
The bamboo cover offers a soft, luxurious, high-end feel. When you first unwrap the pillow it will take some time to fluff back up. If you want to speed that up you can put it in the dryer for a few minutes and the foam will come back to its original shape. I found that if you pop it in the dryer every once and a while it also helps to keep it fluffy.
The pillow came already pretty full so we ended up taking some of the foam out of the pillow to lower the height just a little bit. It was nice to be able to do that because often times pillows have to be the exact height you need and without the ability to adjust it you might waste hundreds of dollars trying to find the perfect pillow.
Having never slept on shredded memory foam before I wasn’t sure what to expect. In fact, I thought it might feel a bit lumpy, but as the heat from your body activates the memory foam you can feel it conforming around your neck and head, providing a wonderfully soft, supported cradle.
I suffer from migraines and pain around the back of the head quite a bit but the memory foam did an excellent job of melting away pressure points and relieving tension. Overall, this is a great pillow for all sleepers and provides the perfect balance of support and plushness needed to be comfortable.
Sleep Trial And Price
This pillow has the same great sleep trial as the mattress for 120 nights. This is so beneficial because even though you might be able to adjust the height, maybe the feel of the foam just isn’t for you. Great thing about Snuggle-Pedic is they will also work with you on the feel of the pillow. If for any reason you don’t like the foam in the pillow they can make adjustments to the foam, at no additional cost to you.
The Snuggle-Pedic Supreme Plush pillow is the most luxurious pillow in the line-up with a starting price of $64.99. Additionally, they offer a 20 year non-prorated warranty. We found the level of attention to customer service really sets Snuggle-Pedic apart from the competition.
Snuggle-Pedic Pillow Review Conclusion
You'll love the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow if:
- You want the pressure-relieving comfort of memory foam
- You sleep hot and want a pillow that stays cool throughout the night
- You want to be able to modify or customize your pillow
Snuggle-Pedic may not be for you if:
- You don’t want a memory foam pillow
- We did experience some off-gassing from the pillow after unboxing. This dissipated within the first hour or two
- The shredded foam that it comes with has a medium firmness feel, if you are looking for a soft pillow feel you will likely need to take advantage of Snuggle-Pedic’s free customizations