This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Purple Sheets Review
What makes up Purple's Sheets?
The bedsheets are made up of a blend of spandex and viscose derived from bamboo. Spandex, as we know, offers a super stretchy feel and the Purple sheets are no exception.
Unlike most sheets which are designed to fit only one bed size, Purple’s sheets are so stretchy they offer a bit more versatility. We received the sheets in a King size, but on the box it states “also fits Cal King”, similarly a Queen set will work on a Full size mattress.
Your bedsheets come with 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet and 2 pillowcases (Twin and Twin XL only receive 1 pillowcase). They are machine washable in cold water with like colors and can be tumble dried on low or no heat.
Benefits of Bamboo Bedding
Bamboo has become wildly popular, particularly in bedding products, for a multitude of reasons.
- Bamboo derived products are luxuriously soft and comfortable.
- It is naturally breathable, this allows you to receive the full cooling benefits of your mattress (if so designed).
- It is hypoallergenic and antibacterial, as well as dust mite resistant. Bacteria and dust mite’s require moisture in order to grow.
- Bamboo is naturally moisture wicking, making it a healthier choice for your bedroom.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- Bamboo is a fast-growing, renewable resource that does not require pesticides or chemicals to grow.
On the down-side bamboo based bedding is expensive. That being said, though your initial cost may be a bit more than say cotton, in terms of durability it should last a long time, making them it a wise investment for your bedroom!
Feel of the Purple Sheets
Brothers Tony and Terry Pearce are responsible for the patented Purple Grid which is the trademark of The Purple Mattress and pillow. The Hyper-Elastic Polymer that makes up the Purple Grid provides optimal support while allowing heat to dissipate from the mattress. It also creates a structure designed to buckle under your body’s weight to provide pressure relief. This meant the Purple mattress would require sheets that transitioned with your movements to optimize the functionality of the bed. This is where the stretch comes in!
They are unbelievably stretchy and seamless. We had absolutely no issues with the fitted sheets coming off the bed, which can sometimes be a problem with other brands. Also, unlike some bedsheets which can bunch up and remain quite rigid, the sheets move with the bed and your body.
Purple isn’t worried about thread counts, in fact, they think they’re overrated. And while the verdict is still out for us on this topic, we do have to admit, Purple made some ridiculously comfortable sheets.
Cool to the touch and ever so soft, they felt a bit sinful! We immediately fell in love with them, but they may not be for everyone. If you are looking for a crisp, cool, hotel sheet feel, this may not be for you.
If you sleep hot or live in a hot/humid environment these sheets are a great choice. They do an excellent job of keeping you cool throughout the night due to their breathability. Combined with the Purple Mattress– its a winning combination for those who sleep hot.
Are Purple's bedsheets right for you?
They are a tad bit on the expensive side but we definitely think they offer exceptional value. The price ranges from $99-$129 and are offered in 4 colors: white, slate, sand and purple. They come with free shipping and a 1 year warranty.
The sheets are available in Twin, Twin XL, Full, Full XL, Queen, King, Cal King and Split King. Purple does not offer a trial period for the sheets, nor do they except returns. Something to consider when shopping for your new sheets.
You'll love them if:
- You own a Purple Mattress OR you own a split king. The stretchy material means the sheets move with the bed without creating bunching or coming off the edges.
- You sleep hot: They are not only more breathable than cotton, but better at wicking away moisture.
- You want a luxuriously soft feel: They are the opposite of crisp, instead expect to feel the material wrapping around you in a comforting, indulgent manner.
They may not be for you if:
- You want crisp, hotel-style sheets.
- You want more color options: Purple only comes in 4 colors.