Tempur-Pedic Mattress Review And Comparison Vs Snuggle-Pedic
Learn about the Tempur-Pedic Mattress and how it compares to the Snuggle-Pedic Mattress
When you think of a memory foam mattress the first company that might come to mind is Tempur-Pedic. Twenty years ago Tempur-Pedic might have been one of the only mattress companies offering memory foam, however, in current times we have so many to choose from. One of the mattresses that is easily compared with Tempur-Pedic is Snuggle-Pedic. We will go over the similarities and the differences that will hopefully make your decision making a little bit easier. Let’s dive in to this unbiased Tempur-Pedic vs. Snuggle-Pedic comparison.
In This Article
At A Glance
Medium to Medium – Firm
Medium to Medium – Firm
10 – Year
20 – Year
Free Shipping and Returns
Free Shipping and Returns
Price (for a Queen size)
Selling Direct to the Consumer
- Kool-Flow Bamboo Breathable cover: eco-friendly viscose bamboo, polyester and lycra. Bamboo is also dust mite resistant and wicks away moisture. The micro-vent stitching throughout the material adds to the breathability and allow the air to flow from the layers underneath. The cover has a very soft, stretchy feel and can be unzipped and removed easily for washing.
- 3” Snuggle-Flex memory foam: This has a more buoyant feel than typical memory foam however it still has a slower response when you lay down. This layer has aerated holes to allow the air to flow and keep you cool throughout the night.
- Base Foam: This is a firm support layer that has channels in it that allows air to flow and fully circulate when communicating with the aerated foam above.
See Best Price
- Smartclimate System cover: this has a very stretchy soft feel and is cool to the touch. It is put together with a heavy duty zipper for the convenience of removing and washing.
- Tempur ES (Extra Soft) memory foam: this layer is a true memory foam it will allow you to sink in with a very slow response feel.
- Tempur foam: this layer seems to be a transition layer and has more of a quick response to help you from sinking too far into the bed.
- Base foam: it is simply that, a layer to provide support.
All Snuggle-Pedic foams are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they fall under a low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emission, for indoor air quality. You can rest easy knowing your mattress isn’t releasing harmful cancer-causing gasses into the air you breathe. CertiPUR-US is a non-profit organization that issues the certifications and you can find a list of all mattresses that fall under their certification here. Tempur-Pedic Baby appears on the list, but it does not appear to include the rest of the Tempur-Pedic lineup.
Tempur-Pedic vs Snuggle-Pedic Feel
Tempur-Pedic had a firmer feel than we were expecting. On Amazon, they described the mattress as medium-soft but we felt it was more medium-firm. If you are a back or stomach sleep this could be a good choice for you but side sleepers may require a bit more pressure-relief. The mattress does have a traditional memory foam feel with a slower “springback”, which could cause you to feel a bit “stuck in the mud” or a bit more like you are sleeping “in” the mattress.
Snuggle-Pedic, on the other hand, has a plush, soft surface feel and we felt overall the mattress had a medium firmness. Snuggle-Pedic has a classic memory foam feel but with a bit more buoyancy, so we didn’t get that “stuck in the mud” feeling. It definitely provides enough support for back and stomach sleepers but has plenty of pressure-relief for side sleeping.
Both mattresses are sold on Amazon but Snuggle-Pedic seems to have a higher customer satisfaction rating. Tempur-Pedic rated a 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon vs. the Snuggle-Pedic that received 4.5 stars. Snuggle-Pedic offers free custom modifications and perhaps that’s why it is a top rated mattress by verified amazon reviewers. If for example, you find it feels too soft or too firm, Snuggle-Pedic will send out replacement foams to help you find the perfect match. This sort of customization just isn’t found with most mattresses and makes it one of the most versatile beds we’ve reviewed so far.
Both the Tempur-Pedic and the Snuggle-Pedic have cooling benefits, however, Snuggle-Pedic has an additional airflow transfer system as described in the construction. This increases the airflow and greatly improves the temperature balancing in the mattress. Overall, the Snuggle-Pedic slept cooler than the Tempur-Pedic Tempur-Cloud Prima.
The Tempur-Pedic and Snuggle-Pedic both performed well in this category. It is typical that memory foam does well because of the slow response foam dampening the motion and the fact that there are no coils.
Edge support is important when thinking about purchasing a bed especially if you are going to purchase a Queen. When you have good edge support you can utilize the whole mattress and not feel like you are falling off the edge. Both mattresses had good edge support while sitting and laying on the bed, however, Tempur-Pedic had a bit firmer edge support, overall.
- Snuggle-Pedic offers a 120 night trial
- Tempur-Pedic offers 100 night trial
Both Snuggle-Pedic and Tempur-Pedic have pretty high standards when it comes to quality. They classify anything greater than 3/4 of an inch as sag while many companies won’t cover anything less than an 1-1.5″ inches.
- Tempur-Pedic offers a 10 year warranty
- Snuggle-Pedic offers a longer than average warranty of 20 years with the first 10 years non-prorated.
Both companies offer FREE curbside shipping in the contiguous USA.
- Tempur-Pedic was delivered uncompressed and fully expanded making it very hard to unbox and move to our upstairs bedroom.
- Snuggle-Pedic is a bed-in-a-box mattress and comes compressed and rolled-up in a box, delivered to your doorstep. It is easy to pick up and move to the bedroom for unboxing.
Queen starting at:
- Tempur-Pedic: $1999
$1099$899 (limited time only)