This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you.
Nest Bedding Mattress review
Nest Bedding is a company based in California and is one of the oldest bed in a box companies around. Crafted in the US, all of their mattresses are eco-friendly and like Ghostbed and Saatva, feature CertiPUR-US certified foams. Additionally, Nest bedding comes with a natural fire retardant, made without any harmful, cancer-causing chemicals.
All mattresses are required by law to pass an open flame test and Nest bedding is no exception. And while most fire retardants are known for harmful chemicals and labeled with cancer warnings, Nest bedding has incorporated Hydrated Silica and wool to provide a chemical free and natural fire retardant bed. The Hydrated Silica acts as a fire barrier by encompassing the entire mattress and snuffing out any oxygen. Considering that approximately 1/3 of our day is spent in bed, knowing this helps us sleep a bit easier!
The Nest Bedding Natural Hybrid Latex Mattress
We love that Nest has so many different models to choose from, each having 3 different firmness levels, so you are bound to find the perfect mattress for you.
What makes this Hybrid Latex mattress unique is the ability to interchange the 3 inch comfort layer. This is great because if you feel the mattress is too hard or soft, Nest can send you a replacement that is better suited to your needs without having to send the whole mattress back. The only other brand we know of that does this sort of customization is Snuggle-Pedic!
It’s also great for longevity purposes, if years from now you feel the foam has lost its support you can simply replace that layer saving you money in the end.
We have really enjoyed the Natural Hybrid Latex mattress. It is an amazing, eco-friendly mattress, made with natural Dunlop latex which provides great support and pressure relief.
Nest Bedding Construction
- On top is a luxurious organic cotton cover with a thin layer of wool, which is temperature balancing
- 1.75” of Eco Flex Quilting which is Eco-friendly foam: They use natural additives such as corn and soy instead of petroleum to reduce the carbon foot print.
- 3” layer of Dunlop latex which is Oeko-Tex certified. That basically means there are no harmful substances in the latex.
- 1” layer of Eco-friendly foam
- 6” of pocketed Caliber Edge coil support: The coils are specifically designed to be 26% more durable than foam encasements. There is also a few rows on the outer edge of the mattress that are pre-compressed, which provides excellent edge support for the mattress.
- 1” of transitional base foam to provide structure of the mattress
- Hydrated Silica and wool to make the mattress flame retardant
Firmness & Feel
This mattress has a great plush top and strong support. Ours is a medium feel mattress, however you can opt for the Plush or Firm model.
The latex has a fast responsive feel and is soft yet supportive. The natural Dunlop latex provides a cool breathable surface and is aerated to help the air circulate even more. The wool in the topper is also temperature balancing. Wool has tiny pockets of air in each fiber that wicks away moisture, keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The mattress also has great edge support because of the coil construction, with extra supportive coils on the outer edge of the mattress. This mattress will be great for all types of sleepers as well as different body weights.
Nest has a 100 night return policy, if you don’t like the bed they will either give you a 100% refund or allow you to exchange the mattress for any other one in their lineup. The only stipulation is you must try the bed for at least 30 days before you can return it.
Nest comes with a limited lifetime warranty. One of the best things about their warranty is they offer a lifetime comfort guarantee. This means for the life of the mattress, if for any reason you need a different mattress (firmer, softer, smaller or larger) they will allow you to purchase another mattress at 50% off the current retail price.
Nest Bedding offers FREE shipping. As far as we can tell there is no fee for intiating an exchange or return. Nest Bedding will donate the mattress, keeping it out of landfills and helping those in need.
Overall, this is a great natural hybrid mattress for the price. The warranty, comfort guarantee and materials all make this mattress a great choice and value for your money.
Is Nest right for you?
We recommend the Nest Natural Hybrid mattress if:
- You want a mattress with flexibility. If you find that Nest is too soft or too firm, they will work with you to send out new foams which further decreases the likelihood of needing to initiate a return.
- You want a Natural/Eco-friendly mattress
- You like options: Nest Bedding offers an extensive lineup that includes: hyrbids, latex hybrids, all latex, and certified organic hybrid latex mattresses.
Nest might not be the right fit if:
- You are on a budget.
- You and your partner prefer different firmness settings.
If you’re looking into buying the perfect mattress for yourself, have a look at our in-depth reviews on the best foam mattresses. We’ve covered Puffy Lux and Casper mattresses and other brands as well.
You May also like:
Thank you to Nest Bedding, for giving us this bed for review. As always, all thoughts and opinions expressed in our reviews are ours. We hold an affiliate relationship with this company and if you purchase the bed through the link above, ASL Reviews, LLC will receive a small percentage of that sale (at no cost to you.) This helps us with the costs to produce the videos. We thank you for your support!