DreamCloud Mattress Review
Do you always tend to want luxury but can’t afford it? Well, DreamCloud has made an exception, with their affordable luxury hybrid mattress that won’t break the budget! With 8 dreamy layers in a 15” plush, yet supportive sleep surface, you will love this luxurious bed. What makes DreamCloud stand out is the high end materials coupled with the longest sleep trial and warranty in the industry.
If you’re looking for a hybrid mattress that will stand the test of time and won’t hurt your wallet, DreamCloud might be the one. Let’s take a look to see what makes this mattress so great in this unbiased DreamCloud mattress review.
- Great for back, stomach and side sleepers
- Great for heavier sleepers
- Exceptionally long sleep trial and warranty
- Affordable while still delivering a luxury feel
- Expect some motion transfer with this mattress
- Lightweight side sleepers may find this mattress too firm
- Standard sheets might not fit due to the height of the mattress
DreamCloud is made by the same company that makes Nectar, Awara and Level Sleep. This mattress giant is known by DreamCloud Holdings. Nectar, which was their first mattress was just awarded fastest growing ecommerce by digitalcommerce360.com. DreamCloud Holdings certainly knows how to entice their customers by offering one of the best warranties and sleep trials in the business. By doing this, they have grown into one of the largest mattress manufacturers in the industry.
DreamCloud uses foam that is certified safe by CertiPUR-US. With the very low V.O.C. rating, you can rest assured that when this mattress comes into your home, there will be no dangerous toxins spilling into the air that could cause cancer.
High Quality Construction
- Luxe Quilted Eurotop: The cover is a polyester blend with cashmere and is hand tufted. Cashmere is not only temperature balancing but it also long lasting. The cover is also quilted with foam making it plush and pressure relieving on the first touch.
- Comfort Layer: This is a gel foam with a responsive feel for additional pressure relief.
- Support Layer: Little bit denser than the foam above it and provides support for proper spine alignment.
- Pocketed Innerspring Coils: Having individually wrapped coils are more expensive to make but well worth it. It gives you less motion transfer and has enhanced springs on the edges for better edge support.
- Base Foam Under the Coils: This ensures structure and a stable, long lasting mattress.
- Bottom Mattress Cover: Is designed to keep your mattress from sliding on the base, which is especially good if you have an adjustable base or live on a boat.
DreamCloud has also included handles on the side of the mattress making it much easier to maneuver. With a hybrid of this size and weight this is a lifesaver when having to lift or move the mattress.
One of the things that stood out to us on this mattress is what you get for the money. It really does feel like a luxurious $3000 mattress for well under half of the price.
When you first lay on the mattress you will feel an immediate pressure relief with the plush layers on top, however you don’t seem to sink down very far. We felt we were sleeping more on top of the mattress, as opposed to in the mattress.
That being said, this will be a great mattress for anyone looking for a strong high quality mattress with a medium to firm feel, yet still having some pressure relief.
We would recommend this mattress for sleepers over 200 lbs, as well. It has enough support, as well as edge support, to provide a supportive sleeping surface. If you prefer a soft mattress and are a light weight side sleeper, this mattress might be too firm for you.
Firmness of the DreamCloud
We thought because of the name it was going to be a really soft mattress and, for us, it was more on the medium firm side. We felt this mattress, on a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being the firmest, was around a 7.
While the motion transfer did just ok, it was still better than most innerspring mattresses. The multi-layers of foam on top and the individually wrapped coils help to isolate the motion.
We felt the edge support was excellent on this mattress. When we sat on the edge of the mattress we felt supported. We also felt like we could lay near the edge without falling off the bed. This is especially important for couples with a Queen or Full size mattress. With two people on a Queen or Full you want to make sure you can sleep on all of the surface of the mattress comfortably.
The Dream Cloud mattress has an extremely long trial period. You can try the mattress for a whole year. Like Nectar, Level and Awara, Dream Cloud has a 365 night trial period. If you find DreamCloud isn’t for you you can return it for a full refund within your first year, the only requirement is that you keep it for at least 30 days for testing.
DreamCloud offers an amazing lifetime warranty. It’s not often you see lifetime warranties on mattresses, however, Dream Cloud comes from the mattress family of Nectar, Level and Awara. All of which have the unique lifetime warranty. You might be thinking, how is that possible, well there are some stipulations. The warranty only covers the original owner, which is typical for mattress warranties. For the first 10 years, if there are any defects, Dream Cloud will fix or replace it for free, including the transportation costs. After 10 years, Dream Cloud might charge a $50 transportation fee each way for the repair or replacement of your mattress at their discretion.
Dream Cloud also offers free shipping and returns. Even though it has coils it still comes rolled up. That being said, it is a little heavy compared to other mattresses and can be hard to bring up flights of stairs.
How Much Does DreamCloud Cost?
Dream Cloud comes in at a great price for this luxury hybrid at $1199 for a Queen. They frequently offer $200 Off, check our coupon below for the latest discount! DreamCloud also offer financing through Affirm, based upon qualification.
There are a great amount of very happy DreamCloud Customers. However, there are a handful of complaints on BBB, some on delivery times and others on the time it takes to get a requested refund.
Is DreamCloud right for you?
We recommend the DreamCloud mattress if:
- Those looking for a strong medium-firm coil mattress
- All types of sleepers ie: combo, side, back and stomach
- If you’re looking for a hybrid queen under $1000
- Those looking for a long warranty
DreamCloud might not be the right fit if:
- You are looking for no or little to no motion transfer
- Lightweight side sleepers who prefer a soft mattress